That vision was important because it gave me an idea of a "bridge" somewhat between what we have now (nothing) and what it could have been (and still could be) in a few weeks - something along these lines: job=>car=>ability to travel and spend time with them=>get something "rekindled"=>whatever that leads to after that.
However, that same vision ( or that same line of thinking) made me realize how long it's been and how little we have seen each other. And everything that has entailed up this point.
- Not seeing them at all
- No sex
- Them getting used to me being gone
- Being easily replaced
I don't know. I should have known better. I mean, really...I just can't believe that this can go on much longer unless it gets a little better. It HAS to. And that means I need to make some changes (Job/etc) fast. And then I still don't know. Anything short of me being up there, which means me having a job (and obviously getting one first) is...something that means we are apart, and I ultimately find that unacceptable. It brings to mind this simple question, obviously: How in the screaming fuck did I EVER make it this far? I don't know.
Update: Friday, January 24, 2014 @ 11:10 am
Well, believe it or not, I do feel better. Last night I started wondering how in the hell I went from OK (generally speaking) to being very upset.
As far as I can tell - it's pretty much like I outlined in the top of this post. I think the meds have an impact, since they give me the ability to "think" better. Sometimes that is not a good thing when you shouldn't be "thinking" so much - especially about stuff that is particularly painful to think about.
The truth of the matter is this: Shelly and I see things differently. It's not that she doesn't know or she should know - I don't think anyone who hasn't been in the situation I was in could understand. She knows how it affected her, and I "get" that. What does this mean? I don't know. It's kinda like she says - no guarantees - but I don't think the final chapter has been written yet, meaning it's still up to me - but it will be a difficult process. Very difficult. I have to keep doing what I've been doing workout wise and do a lot better with the eating. This improves me physically, and I know for a fact that translates into improvement mentally. I need to get a job and very soon so I can get a car asap. And start doing the things I talked about (Michelle willing). I don't know where it goes from there or how quickly - I guess it depends on us.
There is no doubt in my mind it is scary. Thinking about this brings back some painful memories about how it all went down. And I am scared that every day I'm away from there things will get worse - and for me, it's another day of my life wasted, to some extent.
Update: Friday, January 24, 2014 @ 11:10 am
Well, believe it or not, I do feel better. Last night I started wondering how in the hell I went from OK (generally speaking) to being very upset.
As far as I can tell - it's pretty much like I outlined in the top of this post. I think the meds have an impact, since they give me the ability to "think" better. Sometimes that is not a good thing when you shouldn't be "thinking" so much - especially about stuff that is particularly painful to think about.
The truth of the matter is this: Shelly and I see things differently. It's not that she doesn't know or she should know - I don't think anyone who hasn't been in the situation I was in could understand. She knows how it affected her, and I "get" that. What does this mean? I don't know. It's kinda like she says - no guarantees - but I don't think the final chapter has been written yet, meaning it's still up to me - but it will be a difficult process. Very difficult. I have to keep doing what I've been doing workout wise and do a lot better with the eating. This improves me physically, and I know for a fact that translates into improvement mentally. I need to get a job and very soon so I can get a car asap. And start doing the things I talked about (Michelle willing). I don't know where it goes from there or how quickly - I guess it depends on us.
There is no doubt in my mind it is scary. Thinking about this brings back some painful memories about how it all went down. And I am scared that every day I'm away from there things will get worse - and for me, it's another day of my life wasted, to some extent.
No comments:
Post a Comment