Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Today and Moving Forward

Honestly, it does feel like I'm fighting a losing battle on the $$ front (and plenty of other places).  Part of that is my own fault - not taking the time to actually make the budget and discuss sticking to it, as well as taking the time to analyze data and come up with a proper budget.  One of many problems is lack of communication/needs/timing/lack of ever setting up a realistic food budget.

Like I've said - a lot of it is my fault, for various reasons.  One is my lack of a voice since I'm not the breadwinner (it goes beyond that to some extent).  Another is just stupidity - although some of it goes back to lack of communication or being realistic in not going ahead and planning for "x" amount to go into the budget for "this" or "that" that you know damn well is going to be spent - but if you don't accept that fact and account for it in the budget, then your numbers will always be off.

This all comes to mind because I'm sitting here thinking of ways I can "earn" money between now and the time that I am actually working.  Most of them will probably be fairly small - selling this or that, etc and I just have this visual image of me trying to sell something for an extra 50 bucks while we are flushing 200 bucks unaccounted for (for example) down the drain.  Most relevant is my thoughts on getting to the  COR office to discuss options to keep the damn thing from going to warrant.  I mean, I'm seriously going to go to city hall or whatever (just driving over that way will give me the willies, not to mention driving up to Copland itself) with the same untagged/uninspected vehicle that I already got a ticket for?  Fuck me.  I might have to do it, and I don't know if anything can be done.  I had been thinking of renting a car for the day.  Of course, I was hoping for something along the lines of 25-35 bucks.  Fat chance.  More like 60 bucks with all their fees.  Thinking about all our other $$ and how quickly it goes and how important it is to be able to pay

No comments:

Post a Comment