Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Few Thoughts On The Future

And by that, I'm talking about the near future (the next 4-6 weeks) and the next 6 months.  Roughly.

This is probably the understatement of the year, but it's going to be tough.  Very tough.  Even with the way things have been and the way I have been treated and a feeling that it was going to end this way more often then not, this new "Reality", the fact that what I was always afraid of and never wanted to happen, IS going to happen.  Regardless of when I file, this is the way it's going to be.  And the sooner I accept that, the better.

I have been overwhelmed with the meaning and reality of all this for the past 3 weeks or so.  It might take awhile, but I do have to remember a few things:


  • We've been separated for good for almost 22 months.  Even though not divorced and me always thinking that somehow, someway we would be back together, the fact is we haven't been a part of each other's lives for a long, long time.  It still hurts.  But I can't act like it was 2 years ago.  THAT was hard.  I think I have to realize when I finally let go there is a lot of negativity that will go with it.  No wondering what she is doing.  Why she is treating me this way, what I could possibly do to make it work.  I've done that for a long time.  Almost 3 years I have lived with this shitty reality.  I have suffered a lot in trying to make it work and I realize that was a losing battle.  It has taken a lot out of me and eventually that will be gone.
  • Part of this process will be focusing on me.  Getting back into running.  Doing stuff to be productive - whether something towards the job hunt or learning something or just personal productivity.
  • Not that I think I have to worry about it - but I am just going to keep my mouth shut until I pick up Todd.  No rhetoric, no nothing.  But I have to move forward with the reality that this is the way it's going to be.  Not thinking wistfully that somehow she will come to her senses.  I am fairly certain that is NEVER going to happen.  I've always said this, but I think I will mention it again.  She may never come to her senses - the "wake up and smell the coffee moment" - but if she does, it will be far too late.  I wouldn't expect anything from her in the way of offers of reconciliation.  Not even after I don't talk to her for 3 weeks.  Even if she does at some point before I file, I certainly don't expect it to be anything different from what it's ever been.  No remorse, no backing off her same, tired stories.  I might be willing to listen, but I would really have to get the impression she was sincere.  I don't think it's possible.  I would accept virtually nothing of the way it is right now.  And she doesn't even want to admit that any of it is wrong, much less do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment