Well - apparently I've just been stupid too long to figure things out. Here I was, thinking from what I had read we would be a shoo-in for at the very least Chapter 13. Turns out we've been using Mom's money as income for so long without making the house payment that I was counting it as income but not putting the house payment down as an expense. It could still happen - but I'm scared shitless that it won't. Hell, I'm almost as scared shitless that it will.
No - I'm not going to start kicking it around if it will save our house. Right now, it might be our only viable option. I just started getting very, very scared at the reality of the situation - again. What's the reality of the situation? The reality of the situation is that once we do start making a house payment again - it's like Michelle said something the other day about "getting right back in" to that situation. And I start thinking about the stupidity of where we are right now about spending money. Of course, that was before even going to WinStar 5/10 and blowing almost 300.00 in about 1.5 hours. How sickening. We've barely been getting by - even without making the house payment. The reality is kind of both stomach churning-ly sickening and eye-opening. I'm going to have to "put up or shut up" very quickly.
Truthfully - just about everything hurts these days. The pressure is on to get things done. There are so many ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY important things to be done the thought of employment on top of that. Then again, I wish all I had to worry about right now was going to work every day.
Update: 5/12/2013 @ 6:23 pm
Considering the Jolene option for either a loan mod (is there even time to go through Naca? Or should we even go through that place recommended through loansafe.org? I rather not pay money if we don't have to - but I'd rather not completely fuck things up just for the sake of saving a little money, either. At the very least - I say try loan mod with the Jolene option first and then try Chapter 13 with the Jolene option. Chapter 13 sounds like it could be a beast - but the thought of losing this house seems worse than that. I'm sure Shelly would not be very happy with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment