I'm still awaiting some kind of word from our new HPS @ WFHM. The fax was sent late in the day 5/15 (two days ago), and due to time constraints, I am expecting a call soon or I will have to start taking further measures.
I feel "somewhat" better - I think we WILL qualify for this - and like I have said - if they refuse or hem and haw and try to drag this thing out, I will email/fax everyone at a high level @ WFHM until they do approve us, not to mention file a complaint with the appropriate agencies - up to and including blogging negatively about WFHM until they approve it. I refuse to go quietly. However, that being said - being approved for a SF would only be the first step in a long, hard road back for us - but at this point, it's a very big step. I'm not trying to make excuses and I'm certainly not trying to blame anyone but myself, but with this thing hanging over my head and the resulting deterioration in relations between Shelly and myself, I just almost have not been able to function at all. And I absolutely, positively HAVE to function and at a very consistent high level. There's no question that many changes need to be made. For the most part, I can't help but think we will be better off after they are made.
As I've said many times in the past - too many to count over the last 9 years - now it's to the point where I am almost 50 years old. I am way past the point of wasting my time and my life being weighed down by stuff caused by poor decisions/lack of money management and being able to provide a steady income of some sort. It's time to change for the better, permanently. So, without further adieu - here's the list of things that still need to be accomplished:
- House - awaiting a response to my request for the Special Forbearance. What kind of response we get will determine next steps - whether I have to go on an all out blitz to get one or whatever it takes.
- Vehicles (Truck) - will put it through several drive cycles over the weekend, paying attention the the documentation I have regarding drive cycles and hope for the best. Will take it in early Monday after taking Todd to school and hopefully get it to pass - then on to get the tags/tags for the Tracker/info on last year's registration =>then fax info to Aircheck Texas and hopefully get a voucher soon. (Tracker) See above info for tags - as far as inspection, like I said - it's going to come down to getting a SF on the house - and assuming we still get a voucher, we really don't have much choice but to get a vehicle. Hopefully we can get a decent vehicle financed and payments won't be that high - we will have to take that into account when buying for its eventual effect on a loan mod.
- JPS Connect - do it
- Lots of ideas to follow up on, depending on the outcome of stuff mentioned above. I'm not sure, but it would be nice if we could get someone to rent that room. Not sure what it's worth - 400.00/mo? But will need to repaint/clean - do something with carpet
- Probably (most assuredly, really) need to follow up with RR financial because I'm quite sure that payment plan only has to do with dues from last July
- Sweeps - I know what needs to be done
- Other - Disability - probably worth a shot still - but needs to be done quickly and might require some kind of hospitalization
- If not (see above) - I have to get some kind of job - and in the meantime, find ways to supplement our income.
Well, the day didn't quite turn out like I planned - so far. I guess that's one of the things I always fall back on - is that there's always time in the evening. Usually that just turns into another excuse for not getting it done - like - oh well - by Monday, whatever. I don't know. It would have been extremely nice to get the truck inspected/tagged today.
No comments:
Post a Comment