I don't know, it's very strange...and nice, and wonderful, and scary...all at the same time.
We had such a wonderful time seeing Dennis DeYoung and his band with the Dallas Symphony last night. Playing all the Styx songs...at one point, I considered the Ranger game a magical outing (I still kinda do...since it was the first one together since the incident). But last night was...magical. Dinner beforehand, the show. Can you imagine that I was at one point regretting agreeing to go? I'm sure there will be many milestones...and I hope many, many magical moments to share in the future. But this one...perhaps will always stick in my mind. I couldn't help myself from crying several times during Don't Let It End and Babe. I could tell it was kind of special for her at the time, at least in the sense that we were both there, enjoying each others company, enjoying the night...and then this morning, I told her that I hadn't really been 100 percent sure this was going to work until last night. Somewhat to my surprise, she said something to the effect that she kind of had to force herself to act happy or wasn't sure before last night...something like that. It made me happy, regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment