Monday, August 12, 2013

The Life & Times Of A Guy Who Somehow Managed To Fuck It All Up

Perhaps that will be the working title of the e-book that I will publish on KDP select soon, skyrocketing to the top spot and earning me the praise, $$, and worthy of my wife again.

I just keep thinking - and sometimes crying - about how difficult it is.  Right now - as hard as it is - there's tasks at hand blah blah blah Todd is here - even though he's on the computer and I'm in here (which I would like to change - meaning spend time with him - whether it's watching tv or going 2 the movies, etc.) - but at least he's here and Shelly will be here on and off until...we wrap all this up.

And then it's all over.  If ever I need the spiritual guidance, the willpower, the strength - it's now.  I'll need every bit of it.  Just to survive initially, and to do what now seems SuperTodd™ abilities, like being able to get a job.  It's either that or die - and yet nothing will ever be the same again.  Nor seem worth it again.  It's not like I wasn't warned, numerous times.  It's like I was in sound sleep, and she was shaking me saying "Todd, it's time to wake up. You've got to wake up now".  By the time I heard her and woke up, it was too late.  There was nothing I could do.

And that, my friends, is that.  An incredibly cruel, cruel irony.  From the guy who wasn't sure he loved a great woman who really did love him for a long time - to sobbing uncontrollably when she left.  The email I sent today was from someone who saw the handwriting on the wall.  There's no roses to be bought, no expensive gift that can make up for not just this, but a lifetime of fuckups.  I guess I should actually feel fortunate that she wasn't a turd to me.  That's how badly I deserve it.  This isn't about the last year and who is right or wrong or indifferent.  It's about much more than that.

I have nothing.  Absolutely nothing left, except faded memories.  She left me, but I feel sorry for her.  Sorry that I fucked up her life for so long and could not do what I really, really wanted to do - make it up to her.  I didn't - even a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment